Notice to California Residents
Due to the nature of its global business, KMT Medical Incorporated and its subsidiaries around the world, including the entity identified in the section Contact Information below (such entity referred to as “KMT Medical”, "we", "our" and "us"), may collect and use personal information.
For California residents in the USA, this section describes your rights under California law and explains how to exercise these rights.
1. Your Right to Request Access
You have the right to request that KMT Medical disclose certain information to you about our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once KMT Medical confirms your consumer request, we will disclose to you, as applicable, the following:
• Categories of personal information we collected about you, if any;
• Pieces of personal information we collected about you, if any;
• Categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you, if any;
• KMT Medical’s business or commercial purpose for collecting the personal information, if applicable;
• Categories of personal information that KMT Medical has disclosed to third parties, if any; and
• Categories of third parties with whom KMT Medical disclosed personal information, if any.
You may make a verifiable consumer request for this information up to two times within a 12-month period.
2. Your Right to Request Deletion
Subject to some exceptions, you have the right to request that we delete your personal information.
Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete your personal information; however, KMT Medical may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us to:
• Complete a transaction or otherwise perform our contract with you;
• Detect security incidents, protect against illegal activity and prosecute those responsible;
• Debug products to identify and repair errors;
• Exercise our rights;
• Comply with the CA Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
• Use it for research purposes;
• Use it for internal uses reasonably aligned with consumer expectations;
• Comply with legal obligations; and
• Make other internal and lawful uses of that information.
How to Submit a Request
To submit an access or deletion request regarding your personal information:
• Send an email to KMT Medical at: email@example.com;
• Submit your request via webform California Right to Request Deletion.
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf (Authorized Agent), can make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
KMT Medical cannot respond to a request if we cannot verify your identity or confirm your Authorized Agent. To make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you, the request must:
• Provide required information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, and email address;
• Describe your request with enough detail that allows KMT Medical to properly evaluate, understand and respond to the request; and
• Identify how you prefer to receive written responses from us (such as by e-mail or US Mail, and provide your emailing or mail address accordingly).
Responses to Requests Received by KMT Medical
For access requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information in a readily useable format. Any disclosures we provide to you will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of the verifiable consumer request.
We will deliver our written response by U.S. mail or e-mail, at your option.
KMT Medical does not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request except under rare circumstances, such as if it is repetitive or unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request. Such response may also/alternatively explain reasons why we are unable to comply with a request.
KMT Medical aims to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of receipt. If an additional 45 days is required, we will inform you in writing.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with KMT Medical. KMT Medical will only use the personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity, and in order to respond.
This Notice to California Residents was last updated on April 15, 2021.
KMT Medical Incorporated reserves the right to update this notice at any time. Your continued use of our website, mobile app, products and services constitutes your acceptance of these changes.
© 2021 KMT Medical Incorporated.
The KMT Medical Logo is a trademark of KMT Medical Incorporated.
All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.